Sunday, April 25, 2010

Did you know Robinson Crusoe was published today in 1719?

You know those weeks when you're just really frustrated and down on yourself because it seems like no matter how hard you try some things just won't go your way??  This was one of those weeks.   A lot of great things happened this week as well but I was really letting these disappointments get to me.  I hit the low point late Thursday night and had every intention of waking up Friday morning, getting the kids ready and taking them to school and then coming home to curl up in my bed and nap my break away.  Zero motivation to do anything.  Friday morning came, I woke up, got the kids ready, and like always, we were running a little late.  But as we were hurrying to school I happened to look up and I saw...

An airplane??  On top of a building in Lower Manhattan??  O says it's up there all the time and that I'd just never noticed it before.  I still thought it was pretty cool.

Then as I hurried L out of the stroller to drop him off at his school, I happened to look up again and I saw...
A garden on top of the roof next to the Montessori school.

Then I had this idea!  Instead of going home to take a nap, I went for a walk and I took a bunch of pictures.  The theme?  Looking up.



























Here's to looking up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment